Nothing is worse than owning a LEAKING POOL. Pool leaks are often hard to find and can cause a myriad of problems for your pool equipment and chemical balance if you live in the greater Dallas area.
The following are common signs that your customer’s pool may have a leak, and investigation may be in order:
- You notice standing water near the pool or equipment pad. Visual inspection of the equipment may turn up something simple like a faulty O-ring. If you notice soft, mushy spots or uneven grass around the pool area, an underground plumbing leak may well be the cause.
- The pool or spa is losing more than 1/4″ of water per day. The rate of evaporation varies from location to location, depending on the relative humidity, wind, air temperature, water temperature and other weather factors. But in warm summer months in certain climates, over 1/2″ per day could be lost to evaporation. If your customer has children playing in the pool, splash-out should also be considered. A simple bucket test can confirm leak suspicions.
- Abnormal water consumption. If your pool customers operate an automatic fill device, they should be cautioned to watch their water bills for high consumption. If they notice the fill device is constantly running, investigation for a leak should begin.
- Extraordinary algae growth or discoloration of the water. This indicates an imbalance in the water chemistry which can occur when new untreated water is added to the pool.
- Fluctuating chemical consumption. When water leaks out of a pool, it carries dissolved chemicals with it. These will need to be replaced constantly to make up for the loss.
- Loose or failing tiles, or cracking of the cement pool deck. Because the surrounding ground is becoming unsettled by the presence of excess water, a leak is certainly possible.
- The pool is settling into the ground. This is indicated by cracks or gaps in the bond beam.
- Mysterious gurgling sounds. When something sounds amiss, there’s usually a good reason to investigate the source.
- Water corrosion at pump or around pipes is a sure sign of a leak.
- Damaged tile or cracks are a sign of a leak and potential water loss
- Soggy soil around underground plumbing lines is another good sign of a leak.
Sign Up For VIP Deals & Discounts
5 Star Reviews From Your Neighbors
I am so glad I found Swim Carefree. Chris and Heather came out today and fixed two lights one on my pool and one on my spa. They only replaced the bulbs which was much less than the previous estimate I had gotten which was for a total replacement. They are so knowledgable about pools you will not be disappointment if you use them for any pool issues.
Lynn H.5 Star Thumbtack Review
I would highly recommend this company. Cassandra kept me up to date with appointments. Chris replaced out pool pump; he is a really nice person and a very careful and efficient worker. I am very pleased with the job done.
Meera S.Verified on Thumbtack 2018
First of all, I’m a realtor here in the DFW area, so I run into a lot of pool companies. BUT, I’ve never seen the honesty and professionalism like I’ve seen from Swim Carefree. I was told my pool heater was beyond repair and needed to be replaced. $3000. Swim Carefree came out, cleaned the heater and it fired up immediately and is working like a boss! They were honest enough to save me 3000!!!! Thank You, Swim Carefree!!! You are forever my ‘go-to’ pool
Tiffany Obar CaballeroArea Realtor & Swim Carefree Customer
What a great Christian company! They are honest, reliable, and great designs . They built my pool ? and now service it. The design was outstanding and the whole process was great from start to finish. They kept me informed through the whole process . The cleaning crew is great as well. They also can remote into my system if I need help I will be referring them to a lot of people! Thank you so much Swim Carefree !!
Steve HarwoodHappy Swim Carefree Customer
Would highly recommend SCF for your pool service needs. We used them during a sales transaction on a property my clients were looking to buy. The pool equipment was old and in need of some TLC. Heather made multiple trips outside of their normal service area to make sure the pool was properly serviced and working right. They are wonderful!!
Shelby Guild5 Star Google Review
My experience with Swim Carefree has been amazingly great. I have used many pool servicing companies in the past 7 years and was mainly disappointed with the service and pool equipment knowledge, but NOT with Swim Carefree. They turned my pool from a nasty swamp this year to a blue oasis. Then, impressed, I asked them to look at a problem I have had for 2 years causing loss of pressure and air in the system. Three previous companies could not figure out what was wrong and told me I had to buy a whole new pump system. Swim Carefree came out, spent the time to really investigate everything, and fixed the problem. Swim Carefree may not be the cheapest pool company but it is worth every dollar!
David GillespieAnother Happy Customer